1. The game is not about becoming somebody, it’s about becoming nobody.
2. Our interactions with one another reflect a dance between love and fear.
3. Don’t think about the past. Just be here now. Don’t think about the future. Just be here now.
4. Wherever you are, be all there.
5. Knowledge all by itself, without deep wisdom, ends up becoming despair.
6. If you meditate regularly, even when you don’t feel like it, you will make great gains, for it will allow you to see how your thoughts impose limits on you. Your resistances to meditation are your mental prisons in miniature.
7. The person who says “I’m enlightened” probably isn’t.
8. A moment comes when “other” is no longer other.
9. Thoughts are going by like a river; awareness simply is.
10. Each person tells you who they think they are, and who they think you are.
11. Be patient. You’ll know when it’s time for you to wake up and move ahead.
12. I see my life as an unfolding set of opportunities to awaken.
13. The quieter you become, the more you can hear.
14. Everything changes once we identify with being the witness to the story, instead of the actor in it.
15. The world is won by those who let it go.
16. The Ego is an exquisite instrument. Enjoy it, use it – just don’t get lost in it.
17. I can do nothing for you but work on myself…you can do nothing for me but work on yourself!
18. We’re here to awaken from the illusion of separateness.
19. What the word God means is the mystery really. It’s the mystery that we face as humans the mystery of existence, of suffering and of death.
20. It is important to expect nothing, to take every experience, including the negative ones, as merely steps on the path, and to proceed.
21. When you know how to listen everybody is the guru.
22. Birth, death, and suffering all bring us to the very edge of what our minds can understand.
23. The ego is frightened by death, because ego is part of the incarnation and ends with it. That is why we learn to identify with our soul, as the soul continues after death. For the soul, death is just another moment.
24. Faith, consciousness and awareness, all exist beyond the thinking mind.
25. Early in the journey you wonder how long the journey will take and whether you will make it in this lifetime. Later you will see that where you are going is HERE and you will arrive NOW…so you stop asking.
26. Suffering is part of our training program for becoming wise.
27. We’re here to awaken from the illusion of separateness.
28. Let’s trade in all our judging for appreciating. Let’s lay down our righteousness and just be together.
29. We’re all just walking each other home.
30. Everyone should smile. Life really isn’t that serious. We make it hard. The sun rises. The sun sets. We just tend to complicate the process.
31. It’s better to see god in everything than to try to figure it out.
32. Faith is not a belief. Faith is what is left when your beliefs have all been blown to hell.
33. Our plans never turn out as tasty as reality.
34. If you want to see how enlightened you are, go spend a week with your family.
35. Start from where you are–not where you wish you were. The work you’re doing becomes your path.
36. Emotions are like waves. Watch them disappear in the distance on the vast calm ocean.
37. Our journey is about being more deeply involved in Life and yet less attached to it.
38. Compassion is the ability to see how it all is.
39. Don’t compare your path with anybody else’s. Your path is unique to you.
40. The universe is an example of love. Like a tree. Like the ocean. Like my body. Like my wheelchair. I see the love.
41. As long as you have certain desires about how it ought to be, you can’t see how it is.
42. You don’t need to go to anywhere else to find what you are seeking.
43. When someone we love dies, we get so busy mourning what died that we ignore what didn’t.
44. Give it all up and you can have it all.
45. The freer I get, the higher I go. The higher I go, the more I see. The more I see, the less I know. The less I know, the more I’m free.
46. You have all the time in the world, but don’t waste a moment.
47. Everything in your life is there as a vehicle for your transformation. Use it!
48. Ask yourself: Where am I? Answer: Here. Ask yourself: What time is it? Answer Now. Say it until you can hear it.
49. Our culture’s zeal for longevity reveals our incredible collective fear of death.
50. My guru said that when he suffers, it brings him closer to God. I have found this, too.
51. Meditation means to be constantly extricating yourself from the clinging of mind.
52. The most exquisite paradox… as soon as you give it all up, you can have it all. As long as you want power, you can’t have it. The minute you don’t want power, you’ll have more than you ever dreamed possible.
53. To him who has had the experience no explanation is necessary, to him who has not, none is possible.
54. Do what you can on this plane to relieve suffering by constantly working on yourself to be an instrument for the cessation of suffering. To me, that’s what the emerging game is all about.
55. Truth is scary. Truth has bad breath at times.
56. Without remaining open to change, we can not remain open to life.
57. From a personality point of view, you develop judgment, but from the soul’s point of view, you develop appreciation.
58. If you think you’re free, there’s no escape possible.
59. The journey across the great ocean of existence is a journey inward ever in deeper and deeper and the deeper you get in the more you meet truth.
60. Every religion is the product of the conceptual mind attempting to describe the mystery.
61. A feeling of aversion or attachment toward something is your clue that there’s work to be done.
62. When you are causing suffering to others, you are causing suffering to yourself.
63. We gain internal freedom through external actions.
64. Until we know that we can bear the unbearable, we’re always running scared.
65. It’s all real and it’s all illusory: that’s Awareness!
66. Working with the dying is like being a midwife for this great rite of passage of death. Just as a midwife helps a being take their first breath, you help a being take their last breath.
67. Across planes of consciousness, we have to live with the paradox that opposite things can be simultaneously true.
68. We’re fascinated by the words – but where we meet is in the silence behind them.
69. When you live in love You see love everywhere you look. You are literally in love with everyone you look at.
70. Our whole spiritual transformation brings us to the point where we realize that in our own being, we are enough.
71. Real happiness lies in that which never comes nor goes, but simply is.
72. There’s much more in any given moment than we usually perceive, and that we ourselves are much more than we usually perceive. When you know that, part of you can stand outside the drama of your life.
You may also be interested in:
Latest posts by Luke (see all)
- How to Live Your Best Life Without Losing It [Monika’s Story] - July 25, 2021