Self-care and self-love to many people mean pretty much the same, but there is a slight difference between these two terms.
I think we could say that self-care means taking care of your physical and mental well-being, while self-love means showing kindness to yourself, taking care of your own needs – it centers more around the thoughts and feelings we have about ourselves.
Self-love is all about acceptance and appreciating yourself just as you are. Of course both self-care and self-love are important and their goal is to improve our lives on the mental and physical levels.
Guided Meditation for Self-Love
You can practice self-love in different ways. Here are a few things you can do.
practice gratitude repeat affirmations do what you think is good for you and don’t worry what other people think or say talk to yourself like you would to someone you love or respect be gentle with yourself don’t compare yourself to other people think of yourself first keep trying to achieve your goals and dreams take care of your body and mind don’t worry about making mistakes and forgive yourself catch yourself each time you think a negative thought and change this thought into a positive one listen to guided meditations for self love keep a self-love journal
As for self-love journaling, it is a great tool for self-expression and it’s also very beneficial for self-care because it teaches you how to be kind to yourself.
Journaling also makes you more self-aware, by writing you’re becoming more aware of your thoughts and habits and this can completely change your life.
During the process of journaling you’re listening to your inner voice and expressing your feelings which in turn helps you to get to know yourself better and of course has the power to change your way of thinking of yourself and the world around you.
I encourage you to try out journaling for the next 30 days. You can use the prompts presented here and write down the answers on a sheet of paper, in a notebook or in a journal bought specifically for this purpose.
And of course you don’t have to write answers to 5 or 10 prompts daily. If you focus on 1 or 2 a day it will be fine.
And remember you can always create your own self-love prompts – your own prompts may be even better than the ones presented here so go ahead and write your own prompts.
If you’re ready then it’s time to start adding less self-criticism and more self-love into your life!
Journal prompts for mental health, forgiveness, acceptance, self-worth, confidence & self-love
1. Write about a challenge you faced in the past and how it made you stronger. How did this challenge help you grow and become stronger today. 2. What are you most passionate about? 3. What are your best qualities? 4. What are you going to do to improve your mental health? 5. What do you think you should spend more time on in your everyday life? 6. What do you like about your personality?
7. Write down how you would describe yourself to a stranger. What are your strengths and weaknesses, likes and dislikes? 8. Which parts of your body do you like the least? Write something good about them now. 9. What flaws do you accept about yourself. 10. Write down 3-4 healthy habits that you would like to start. 11. Write the titles of the songs that make you feel happy or change your mood for the better. 12. Write a few positive words about yourself.
Read next: Short & Valuable Life Lessons
13. Try to remind yourself about a happy moment in your life and write about it. 14. What are the 3 things you need to let go of to start feeling better? 15. What is stopping you from living your best life? 16. What can you do today that will make you feel good tomorrow? 17. How can you give yourself a break today? 18. When do you usually feel most calm and relaxed?
19. Write a love letter to your future self. How to write such a love letter to your future self? On this page you will find some prompts. You will also have a chance to send such a letter to your email address. 20. What is the most loving thing you’ve ever done to yourself? 21. Write down 3-5 self-love affirmations and repeat them daily. 22. Describe your physical appearance in a positive way. 23. Which hobbies you’ve always wanted to try? 24. Which of your personality traits do you like most?
25. Describe your ideal day? What would it look like? 26. Write about how different you were 5 years ago. Recognize how much you’ve changed for the better over the years. 27. What are you going to start saying “yes” to more? 28. What does self-love mean to you? 29. Name 3 things you’re good at. What are your talents? 30. What can you do right now to start loving yourself more and feeling better?
Read next: How to Live a Simple Life & be Happy
31. Write down your 2-3 big goals you want to achieve. 32. I deserve to be happy because … 33. What do you like about your life? 34. What 5 little things make you happy every day? E.G. a cup of coffee, a walk with your dog etc. 35. What are the things you need to forgive yourself for? 36. Which achievements in your life make you feel proud? Try to list 5-10 things.
37. What your limiting beliefs do you think you need to get rid of to achieve your dreams? 38. Write down 5 compliments you can give yourself. 39. What are you going to do to improve your physical health? 40. Write down your 3 main priorities in life? 41. What is the best thing you’ve ever done to yourself as a sign of self-care? 42. Write down 5 of your favorite quotes that motivate you & make you feel better.
43. Write about your dream life. What would you like your ideal life to look like? Try to feel it as you write it. 44. What are your biggest goals and dreams? 45. Write down 4 things you’re grateful for? 46. Think about all the people who might be judging you. Write down why what you think and feel about it is not important. 47. Write down the things that you don’t like about yourself. At the end add “I love and accept myself anyway”. Practice self-acceptance. 48. Write the titles of the movies that you love watching.
Read next: Gratitude Affirmations
49. What are the 5 things that make you smile? 50. I don’t care what other people think of me because … 51. What can you do to stop comparing yourself to others? How can you let that habit go? 52. Write down 3 things you’re excited about. 53. List 5 things that you want more of in your life. 54. What makes you happy?
55. What brings you the greatest joy? 56. What is the most difficult for you to love about yourself? What can you do to change that? 57. What are you grateful for about yourself? 58. What advice would you give to your younger self? Something that you would like to know when you were younger. 59. What is the nicest compliment you have ever received?
You may also be interested in: 1. How to Start a Manifesting Journal 2. Benefits of Using a Planner 3. Mindfulness Affirmations 4. Love Affirmations